Clicking on any embedded ad is appreciated... for it helps support the costs of our Canonsburg Friends sites.

Thursday, November 8, 2007

Saved from the Dump - An Early Photo of Canonsburg - J.J. Van Eman Store



Click on Picture to Enlarge

View J. J. Van Eman Biographical Record

From: Lou Sculuca
To: rpgarboski@yahoo.com
Sent: Wednesday, November 7, 2007 11:10:13 PM
Subject: Photo of Canonsburg

Dick,
Here is the photo I was talking about. I am sorry it is not in the best of shape but like I said on the phone, I picked it up from the dump.
Where exactly the location of the photo is, I am not sure.. My guess it is on the same side as the Crystal Restaurant. The Van Eman sign is evident as well a meat market. You can see bunting displayed on the buildings, so it could have been the 4th of July or a Presidential or Candidate visit. We might be able to determine the year by the ladies dresses. My guess would be is the early 1900's -1930's. I would have to do some research on that but perhaps some of our bloggers have an idea.
Lou

Thank you Lou for the rescue, and please keep those picture treasures a coming!
Dick Garboski